Major updates to BHL Portal released
BHL developers have released several significant updates to the BHL portal today. These updates include:
- Display of materials scanned by Internet Archive. BHL now manages more than 2.8 million pages from 7,500 digitized scientific texts. To stay updated on new titles, view our Recent Additions and subscribe to our feeds.
- Filtering by Contributing Library. When users select “Browse By:” functions, they can filter results using the “For:” dropdown to view, for example, Authors from the New York Botanical Garden, or a Map of titles scanned by Smithsonian Institution Libraries, or Titles from All Contributors.
- Browse by Names. Users can view the most frequently found names from our taxonomic name finding tools, and view a bibliography of their occurrences:
- Stable URLs. BHL produces stable URLs for bookmarking and persistent linking to main parts of content, as in:Subject: Insects
Author: Darwin, Charles, (1809 – 1882)
Title: The Journal of the Linnean Society
Page: Carl Linnaeus’ Species Plantarum. 2 : 971. 1753.
- Download link to all source files. For books scanned by Internet Archive, you can click the “Download” link to grab all of the files available:
- Link to Developer Tools. We’ve documented our Name services, URLs, and all kinds of technical information at:
- Feedback tracking. Users can submit feedback or comments on records using the Feedback link at the top of the portal.
For a complete list of bugs and enhancements included in this release, visit our issue tracking web site.
peacay – We’ve fixed this bug; thanks for the sharp eyes! The feeds now properly reference BHL and link to scans there.
is the feed I subscribed to.
All of the items take me to the botanicus site and they all say ‘title not found’.
I notice that although the feed for BHL is different than that of botanicus in terms of content, the header for each (ie. the rss rendered in ffox) both says ‘latest from Missouri’ or similar.