Help us Improve Access to Seed and Nursery Catalogs!
- Choice flower seeds 1908. Reason chosen: Numerous illustrations interspersed with text; OCR had difficulty rendering scientific names
|Choice Flower Seeds 1908. White, Emma V. http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/46685913.|
- Choice flower seeds 1914. Reason chosen: Some examples of text over illustrations, numerous illustrations interspersed with text
|Choice Flower Seeds 1914. White, Emma V. http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/46685858.|
- Retail price list of California bulbs (1917). Reason chosen: Example of text over illustration; OCR had difficulty rendering scientific names
|1917 Hardy Perennials for California Gardens. Purdy, Carl. http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/46307126.|
- Wholesale list of the F.&F.; Nurseries (no.5 General Catalogue). Reason chosen: Example of text over illustration; difficult formatting for scientific name resolution — see pg. 31+
|Wholesale List of the F.&F.; Nurseries. no. 5 (1882). http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/46210243.|
- Floral gems (1922 Year Book). Reason chosen: Example of text over illustration; many scientific names
|1922 Year Book: Floral Gems. McGregor Bros. Co. http://biodiversitylibrary.org/page/46112924.|
More Garden Stories Fun
- Follow our blog and #BHLinbloom on Twitter and Facebook (or go directly to BHL’s Twitter and Facebook) this week as we explore the fascinating world of gardening, from its history to plant factoids and practical gardening tips.
- Browse over 14,000 seed and nursery catalogs in our collection.
- Enjoy thousands of seed catalog images in our Flickr collection and a selection of our favorites, as well as fun seed catalog art-inspired promotional materials, on Pinterest.
- See historic gardening come to life on the Smithsonian Libraries’ Tumblr.
- Purchase your very own Garden Stories T-Shirt through T-Fund. All proceeds will go to help us digitize more pages for BHL. Our goal is to sell enough shirts to digitized 5,000 pages. Can you help us get there?
- Find great online gardening resources, tips, and help on the BHL Gardening Resources Page.
Leave a Comment